Take pArt Challenge 2018
In partnership with Jack Petchey Foundation
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all children aged 11 to 14 and their teachers attending state-funded schools (including academies, free schools, pupil referral units and further education colleges) in Greater London and Essex.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per pupil shall be accepted.
- We will accept entries from individuals or via schools.
- The competition is not open to the families of employees of either Children & the Arts or the Jack Petchey Foundation.
- Entry to the competition is free, however all materials for the creation and submission of artwork must be provided by the entrants.
- Entries should not exceed A3 in size (420mm x 297mm). Artwork greater than this size will not be accepted or returned. However, smaller size artwork is acceptable.
- Entries must be 2D (e.g. flat). Collage artwork will be accepted so long as the artwork is still flat.
- Artwork can be any 2D medium such as: drawing (e.g. pencil, pen, crayon, pastel, etc.), painting, print-making, collage, textiles, etc.
- All artwork submitted must be the original idea and creation of the pupil and must not infringe anyone else’s copyright.
- Entries should be submitted as a photograph of the original artwork.
- All entries must be received by no later than 5pm on Friday 19 October 2018. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.
- Entries will be judged on originality and creativity demonstrated and judges will be looking for an imaginative response to the theme.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of independent panel members. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into by Children & the Arts, the Jack Petchey Foundation or the judges. First, second and third prize winners in all categories will be announced at the Prize giving event on Thursday 29th November 2018 at the V&A Museum of Childhood, which all shortlisted entrants will be invited to.
- Entries will be judged in four categories: Schools Category - artwork created in school by Year 7-9 pupils, with entries submitted by teachers; Open Category - artwork created out of school by young people aged 11-14, with entries submitted by individual pupils or non-school groups; SEND Category - artwork created by young people with SEND, with entries submitted by teachers, individual pupils or non-school groups; Teacher Category - artwork created in by state school art teacher, with entries submitted by teachers.
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified by the end of October 2018 and results will be posted on the Take pArt Challenge website as soon as possible after this time. For any schools entries, the contact teacher will be responsible for informing pupils that they have been shortlisted.
- The copyright of any artwork entered shall remain with the entrant. However, by submitting artwork entrants provide their consent for Children & the Arts and the Jack Petchey Foundation, free of charge, to use their artwork for any publicity and/or promotional activities including (but not limited to) the Take pArt Challenge, Children & the Arts and the Jack Petchey Foundation websites, in promotional print material, and in the Children & the Arts and the Jack Petchey Foundation premises, etc.
- Children & the Arts and the Jack Petchey Foundation may invite winning schools and entrant pupils to participate in promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) with parental permission.
- Schools may print and present a certificate of entry to all participating pupils. Certificates will be available to download from the Take pArt Challenge website.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- It is the responsibility of the schools to ensure that the artwork is submitted in accordance with the terms and conditions. Entry to the competition shall only be valid if the entrant has complied with these terms and conditions.
- By submitting a piece of artwork the entrant is deemed to have understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
Download the terms & conditions